Friday, May 14, 2010

What exactly is it???

I seem to ask myself this question allot lately "What exactly is it"? What exactly is WHAT!!! Grr I don't know and this is driving me nuts. I have so many questions with no answers, and the sad part of all of this is what if my kids ask me questions and I can't give them any answers! For example my 4 year old had her well child check yesterday, and they told us that her speech problem may be because she cant hear out of her right ear, and so she comes to me last night and asks why her ear does not work and really I did not have an answer, or at least one that was the truth. I did what every mother does and tries to comfort her child and make everything in their mind right, but really is this OK should we send our kids off with just a version of the truth so they don't get scared. Or should be straight forward with them and say hey you may be deaf in one ear, and oh by the way when you go see your Dr next week to get your toes and fingers painted while your asleep they are going to insert tubes in your ears and possibly an internal hearing aid that you will have the rest of your life. by the way you may be a little confused my 4 year old is having tubes placed in her ears and we told her that she was going to take a long nap and get her toe nails and finger nails painted. So know that we have that all cleared up, I have another question what if my daughter is deaf how will our life be? Will she live a normal life, will she have to be in special Ed, they did a IQ test and the Dr said she is highly intelligent and he don't want her in special Ed, but will schools put her there for a having a disability? WHO KNOWS, I sure don't!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 3 gorgeous sons, and 2 very pretty princess daughters. I work for a really big hospital, and I am in love with a really great man!