Tuesday, April 6, 2010

~My Favorite Poem~





For this I know, it was not so long ago I met a captivating butterflyOn its journey by and by perched this butterfly on my windowsillBeautiful the butterfly to my eye brought a tear I dryEvery waking moment I tried to spend with my friend the butterfly for which I had fallenColors so great of interest I could relate to the magnificent butterflyDay in day out time without a doubt moments spent the striking butterflyMorning rendezvous I spent with you my gorgeous butterfly of love so trueAnything I would try for you I would die for my vivacious butterflyHaving you was paradise for things were so nice my delightful butterflyNever showing your true colors I loved you like no other enchanted butterflyTill that day it all went away for alterations came to the exuberant butterflyMetamorphosed and modify to the butterfly into a dragonflyWhere went my butterfly I asked why turn I to the dragonflyBuzzing at my ear without a care wisp the dragonflyMessages no longer conveying, nor in one place staying, dashed the dragonflyTime spent so rare but I still cared for the beautiful butterfly withinI saw less and less of the dragonfly busy so I cried for my transformed butterflyFit no longer like a pair of gloves for me the dragonfly no longer lovesPushed to the side arms open no longer wide I wept for the revolutionized butterflyTo hard to handle and to hard to control flew the amended dragonfly awayNo longer fluttering in the air, nor self aware, was my butterfly extraordinaireAnd in the end the dragonfly changed again into a furious polar bearLoss to time a love one of a kind, my stunning butterfly to the past was committedThis is a born sin for love I cannot win arrested dawn flew olden times gone byA lesson well learned that money should be earned my tantalizing butterfly of oldA butterfly is nothing more than a bug incapable of love my eccentric butterflySeparate paths now seeking of faith no longer believing my outrageous butterflyThese things I didn’t anticipate, nor could I relate, to rest went the troubled butterflyI sit now and ponder, from time to time I wonder, what went wrong with my lovely butterfly? Alone once again without my best friend, gone my love the butterflyNo more spellbound is the night, to the bear no more I shall fight for tomorrow as risen a newOn to the ever after for now gone is fun and laughter for my butterfly was nothing more than a mere dreamA vision at best, but it doesn’t mean I love you any less, for the day now draws to a silent slumber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of 3 gorgeous sons, and 2 very pretty princess daughters. I work for a really big hospital, and I am in love with a really great man!